Personal data that may be collected:
- Name and address
- Date of birth
- Gender or preferred identity
- Telephone number and email address
- GP Address
- Relationships and children
- Personal History
- Medical Conditions and Prescribed medication
- Hand-written session notes
How your data may be stored:
I will store your phone number in my contacts using only your initials.
Your name and email address will be stored with Gmail. Electronic correspondence between us will be held in relevant apps e.g. Gmail, Messages, WhatsApp.
My written session notes will be identified by your initials only. Our contract/agreement, contact sheet and assessment record and notes will be stored in a lockable filing cabinet.
How your personal data may be processed and shared:
I am committed to good practice as recommended by my regulatory bodies (UKATA and BACP) so I engage in regular supervision. I will be discussing your case with other Psychotherapists and my supervisors during supervision group. You will only be identified by first name or initials and so whilst not anonymous, you will be extremely difficult to identify by others.
In the event of my incapacity, your name and contact details will be shared with a Therapeutic Executor so that you can be contacted, and only if you are currently in therapy.
If your mental health is in jeopardy (as discussed in our contract), your contact information may be shared with an emergency healthcare service, but only with your prior knowledge.
If it becomes clear that you intend to cause harm to another person/organisation, the law may require that an authority is informed without seeking your permission. In such a situation, your personal information may be shared without your knowledge.
Erasing your personal data
When your therapy ends, electronic copies of your information and correspondence will be deleted within one month.
Hand-written information will be stored for up to 7 years past the end of your therapy. Your information will remain archived in a locked filing cabinet. This is a requirement of therapeutic insurance companies, and will be shredded after the 7 years.
- To be informed of what personal data of yours is held.
- To see the information that is held about you, free of charge (for the initial request).
- To rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- To withdraw consent for using your personal information.
- To request your personal information be erased. (This may be declined whilst this information is needed for professional practice).